Ableton automation recording

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: June 13, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi, I have had this plug-in since June, great addition to my microkorg however,! When recording with Ableton I cannot get any automations to record from my microkorg’s controls. When I adjust any dials on the hardware I can see the dial on  the plugin moving and the sound changing but it won’t record the movement in ableton.  If I map the dial on the plugin to another midi controller it will record and if I move the dial on the plugin with the mouse it will record fine but not when I am using the hardware dials? I have tried playing with all the MIDI in options eg. track, sync, remote but no luck, highly frustrating, any ideas?? Many thanks!

• Author
    Replies
      MrInnocent
      Participant

The reason I have written in now is that I have just installed the latest update and thought that this may fix it but no luck. Obviously I know that you are busy hence I have tried everything I can think of first, asking is a last resort. The program is registered, I am aware that the demo doesn’t allow automation but I would have also thought that I wouldn’t be able to automate it with my external controller either.

Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hello mrInnocent,

sad to hear about this but i will do my best to help, but first i need to ask few questions before we go any further to be double sure.

1. are you using demo or the full version?

2. if full versio, have you installed Loopmidi and Virtuals channels ? (for example MICRO K IN & MICRO K OUT)

3. have you installed midi-ox? if so. have you connected the threads correctly? i will provide a example on how it should be done to make a 100% connection and functional. please check the jpg files.

4. when all these steps are done.

-go to your DAW and open up the editor.

-Setup your midi connections on the editor (your midi channels)

– sync data from hardware and try to automate and record again.

-if nothing happens, un-plug your usb midi device and re-connect it again and restart your daw and editor. (has happened to me before that it does not react or gave me connection time out with my ESI M8UXL so at least see if works)

with all these steps, everything should work. if not, please report this issue to the bug thread.

i hope could help.

regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

MrInnocent
      Participant

Hi Novaline, thank you for the reply.  I hadn’t installed either loopmidi or midi-ox, I wasn’t aware either of these were needed.  I have now installed both and after a bit of working out I have set up both as instructed. The difference I have now is I can select Micro K in as the input for the microKXR track on ableton and I can play notes which I can now record as a midi pattern, I can now also use the microkorg as a midi contoller and can assign the filter/EG dials to the plugin which is great and allows me to use as intended however I still feel that the dial movements should record without having to assign them? Maybe I am missing something but anyway again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Kind regards

Nigel

MrInnocent
      Participant

Also, is the mod wheel not automatable? I can’t see it on the plugin screen?

Thanks again

Nigel

Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hello nigel,

That is one issue Mystery Islands Music have no explanation for yet. For some reason the plug-in does not inform the host during recording. Jani on Mystery islands music will investigate on that matter later.

Only way to record automation is by moving the knob by mouse or draw the automation lanes by hand.

hope this helps!

regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

The topic ‘Ableton automation recording’ is resolved and closed to new replies.