Certain features hang talking to MicroKorg

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 23

I’m finding some things work just great talking to the MicroKorg and other things do not. For example, I can go into the library, and I can select presets all day long, I can switch banks within the librarian, I can transfer a full bank to the MicroKorg, and can certainly trigger the MicroKorg and play from Cubase 10 on my External keyboard all day long, all no issues. However, there are several issues I’ve found that seem to hang the interface. If I go into the Global menu, it consistently hangs with Processing… Please Wait and after about 15 seconds it says Connection Timed Out and then I can play again. If I’m on the main page, and try to press the Program + button below the display, it’ll hang the interface again and time out trying to communicate with the MicroKorg like before. Once in awhile, it actually seems to change the preset, but it always hangs. Guessing the plugin is awaiting the response back from the MicroKorg and its not giving it the answer it expects? Not sure. Obviously it communicates with the synth no problem. Communication is through a MOTU MIDI Express XT, and the problem is very consistent.

Devon

• Author
    Replies
      DevonB
      Participant

Also, I think because the Global page hangs, the Arp is always set to 244 BPM by default. It doesn’t matter what I set the MicroKorg to, INT, EXT or AUT, it’s always super fast. If I go to the main page and change the BPM, then it works, but it’s very frustrating to have all arp patches trigger at the high speed. I also believe if you set the synth to AUT, sometimes the speed is super slow as well. Bottom line, I can’t seem to figure out a combination between the synth and the plugin to at least let it use Internal Defaults without them being over-writen.

Devon

DevonB
      Participant

More issues – When the plugin does a dump of patches to the unit, it doesn’t save any of them. Write Protect is off. I can select a patch from the Librarian, it’ll load into the MK just fine. I can save on the MK itself. I can go into MIDI OX and do a bank dump and it’ll also save to the MK just fine. When I do a bank dump to the synth from the plugin, I can watch it go through all 128 patches from A11 to B88 just fine, but none of them are actually saved to the synth.

Devon

DevonB
      Participant

I’m finding some things work just great talking to the MicroKorg and other things do not. For example, I can go into the library, and I can select presets all day long, I can switch banks within the librarian, I can transfer a full bank to the MicroKorg, and can certainly trigger the MicroKorg and play from Cubase 10 on my External keyboard all day long, all no issues. However, there are several issues I’ve found that seem to hang the interface. If I go into the Global menu, it consistently hangs with Processing… Please Wait and after about 15 seconds it says Connection Timed Out and then I can play again. If I’m on the main page, and try to press the Program + button below the display, it’ll hang the interface again and time out trying to communicate with the MicroKorg like before. Once in awhile, it actually seems to change the preset, but it always hangs. Guessing the plugin is awaiting the response back from the MicroKorg and its not giving it the answer it expects? Not sure. Obviously it communicates with the synth no problem. Communication is through a MOTU MIDI Express XT, and the problem is very consistent.

Found the solution; Make sure MIDI Clock is set to External. The instructions say set it External unless you want to run the arp. If you do set it to INT, this causes major issues for the plugin. Setting it EXT will fix these problems. The instructions should be updated to reflect that. Then, if you want arp, set MIDI Clock from the Advanced MIDI page within the MK plugin.

Devon

Devon

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

The topic ‘Certain features hang talking to MicroKorg’ is resolved and closed to new replies.