- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 3 days ago by .
Instructions what to do before inserting our plug-in to project
First we need to make sure the hardware is ready to communicate with the software. In order to do so, we need to make sure that some pre-required settings are set accordingly.
Plug your MIDI cables to the MIDI device and Audio Jacks to your mixer / soundcard.
MIDI out from synth to MIDI device in and vice versa. No MIDI thru or other ports.
Fire up your Blofeld and enter Multimode with “Sound / Multi” button. Our plug-in is designed to work in Multi Mode, to access all 16 parts from single plug-in instance. Single mode is not supported, and never will be.
After entering Multimode, open Global settings by click & hold shift + global. Scroll to first “page” with the Jog wheel above play button.
- Global Display 2/2 -> Auto Edit = on.
- Global MIDI 1/4 -> MIDI Channel = 16.
- Global MIDI 1/4 -> Device ID = 0 (00h). (if you have multiple blofelds connected, make sure every blofeld has a different device id assigned to it).
- Global MIDI 2/4 -> Clock = auto.
- Global MIDI 3/4 -> Local Control = on.
- Global MIDI 3/4 -> Prg Send = on. (you might want to turn this off, if you are getting odd behavior from the plug-in while scrolling through patches).
- Global MIDI 4/4 -> Ctrl Send = Ctrl+SysEx.
- Global MIDI 4/4 -> Ctrl Receive = on.
Now lets adjust Multi settings, before we use the plug-in. Click “Play” button until display indicates “Edit Multi”. Use the Jog wheel above play button to move to first “page” and from there onwards.
- Scroll the jog wheel until display indicates “receive” in the top row and make sure every part has a different MIDI channel number. Also, we recommend to MUTE every part which is not in use. This will speed up the plug-in total recall process and some multi functions as well.
- Scroll the jog wheel again until display indicates “receive 1/5” in the top row and make sure all channels are set to “receive” for MIDI and USB – Same thing on the next page for Local (2/5).
- Adjust pages 3/5 and 4/5 to your desired settings for Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Pressure and Sustain.
- Set Edits and Prg Change to “receive” mode in page 5/5.
You can choose next part by holding the Play button and then turning the Job wheel onwards or backwards.
All set! We are now ready to configure our DAW!
To get more information about how to adjust your synth, read the Waldorf Blofeld User Manual.
Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!
Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.