- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by .
Instructions what to do before inserting our plug-in to project
First we need to make sure the hardware is ready to communicate with the software. In order to do so, we need to make sure that some pre-required settings are set accordingly.
Plug your MIDI cables to the MIDI device and Audio Jacks to your mixer / soundcard.
MIDI out from synth to MIDI device in and vice versa. No MIDI thru or other ports.
Fire up your JP-8000 and enter MIDI settings by clicking and holding “SHIFT” + “MIDI SW (button 5)” buttons. You can access next setting by clicking the secondary selector again.
- Local Switch = your choice, depending of your setup. We recommend to keep it off to prevent looping MIDI messages back and forth.
- MIDI Clock = your choice. If your DAW is able to provide MIDI Clock while using the plug-in, keep it on. Windows users: Check our method of using MIDI OX and LoopBe together to provide MIDI clock from DAW to your synth from here.
- Tx/Rx Edit SW = ON.
- Rx Exclusive SW = ON.
- Tx/Rx ProgChg SW = BANK SEL + PC.
Click “MIDI PRM (button 4)”
- Perform Ctrl CH = 3.
- Remote Ctrl CH = 16.
- Device ID = default is 17, but you can choose what ever you want.
- Tx/Rx Edit Mode = MODE1.
Click “PFM PART (button 2)”
- Check both layers and make sure Part MIDI CH for LOWER is set to 1 and UPPER is set to 2.
All set! We are now ready to open our plug-in in DAW!
To get more information about how to adjust your synth, read the Roland JP-8000 User Manual.
Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!
Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.