Cubase 10.15 error message when selecting MIDI In device

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: March 23, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I installed BloX on PC-Windows 10-v1803 latest updates, Cubase 10.15. My PC is fine, tried and tested. I also have used Cubase since version 4

When I open the VSt Instrument and select the MIDI In Device Cubase returns an error and creates and error dump file but does not crash. The pluggin seems to work OK.

I also found that I could not get the pluggin to connect with the Blofeld unless I have both MIDI In and USB plugged in. I thought USB would provide bi-directional MIDI as with others. On My MacBook Pro none of this happens.

PC i7-4790-32Gb Windows 10 v1803 latest updates, MacBook Pro 2014, i7, 16Gb Sierra, Cubase 10.15, Focusrite Clarett8PreX-Thunderbolt, Motu MTP AV Midi/USB Interface, various ext keyboard and rack synths, various VST synths and effects. Flute and EWI player.

Attachments:
  • Author
    Replies
    aricastudio
    Participant

Wanted to edit the previous above but did not find a way.
    I will have to do some more research as I just realized that there appears to be a problem with the USB connection.
    The Blofeld is recognized under Windows-Devices. It shows up on Cubase-Studio-Midi-Active. The Blofeld Midi light turns on when I play a connected keyboard but I get not sound when only using the USB cable plugged into the PC USB port.
    If I plug the Midi cable connected to the Motu Midi Interface I get it to sound. ????
    Thanks and back later
    Aricastudio

PC i7-4790-32Gb Windows 10 v1803 latest updates, MacBook Pro 2014, i7, 16Gb Sierra, Cubase 10.15, Focusrite Clarett8PreX-Thunderbolt, Motu MTP AV Midi/USB Interface, various ext keyboard and rack synths, various VST synths and effects. Flute and EWI player.

aricastudio
    Participant

I am back. USB is working fine. User error previously, inadvertently changed the Midi channel.
    I also just tested the program SoftKnobs, a stand alone Blofeld Editor and it conne3cts and sends and receives patches through the USB connection.
    Midi cable is now unplugged.
    When I load Cubase and open the BloX VST Instrument and then Select Midi In Device or Select Midi Out Device – No matter which of the two and no matter what Device I select Cubase returns an error message.
    I can play the Blofeld if I create a Midi Track and select my controller keyboard as Midi In and the Blofeld as Midi Out.
    So USB is working but BloX does not find it.
    ???

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Hey,

Have you disabled MIDI ports from Cubase settings before you assign MIDI I/O in the plug-in? You should do that to avoid that nasty msg.

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

aricastudio
    Participant

Thanks Jani,
    Got it working. Yes it was necessary to disable the Blofeld Midi Ports as they appeared on Cubase-Studio-Midi Ports.
    Which also meant that now the midi keyboard controller info no longer goes to the Blofeld unless there is another setting that I do not know about.

Once in Cubase and using the BloX, the only way I can play the Blofeld with a controller is by connecting a midi cable to the Blofeld Midi In and using a midi interface.
    In Cubase, add a Midi track and select for the track’s midi output the Midi interface and port where Blofeld Midi is connected. For the track’s Midi Input select the controller or leave All Midi In. Then add an Audio track to get the audio from the Blofeld for monitoring and recording.

Maybe this is
    something that could be better explained on the FAQ page.
    How to get a sound out of the Blofeld once the VST is connected to it?
    Thanks

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Simply add audio tracks to Cubase and toggle on input monitoring for the inputs where the blofeld output is connected in at. 🙂

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

The topic ‘Cubase 10.15 error message when selecting MIDI In device’ is resolved and closed to new replies.