Issues with Ableton Link

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: July 22, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

Hi,

I don’t know if it has been noticed by other users, but i’m getting issues using the plug-in (Windows version) with Ableton Link on : sound is becoming glitchy.

I then tried using Link with the NL2R plug-in on the same midi port and had no issues.

Thanks

• Author
    Replies
      Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hello,

can you describe what a ´´ableton Link´´ is so i can ask admin about the issue?

to see if its a new bug or something else

thanks
      Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

w4too
        Participant
        This reply has been set as private.
      Novaline

also,

What midi interface are you using and OS? (windows 8? 10? and bit version)

Have you tried to re-connect the ports again on the plugin and double checked that the hardware settings are on?

if you are unsure, please visit the user guides and the hardware settings document to double check.

thanks
      Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

w4too
        Participant

Hi,

Ableton Link is a network protocol to get sync with multiple connected devices or softwares : https://www.ableton.com/en/link/

As i said in my first topic, i checked this problem on the same midi port with the NL2R plug-in and had no issue.

I’m using the midi ports of my RME fireface 802 and windows 10 64 bits.

I also followed every tip given in the setup manual but i’m still getting this issue with the MS2K plug-in.

Novaline

Hello again,

so i spoke to admin and he would like you to make a drawing how it’s wired/routed to get some idea on it in order to figure this out.

let me know

thanks
      Mauricio

w4too
        Participant

Hi,

Here’s the diagram.

DAW1 managing the plug-in is sending sync via Link to DAW2.

My MS2K is connected to DAW1 via the Fireface 802 and regular MIDI cables.

Attachments:

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

• The forum ‘Korg MS2KxR AudioUnit & VST Editor / Librarian’ is closed to new topics and replies.