Librarian manual

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

No news on a manual for the librarian functions? A video or just something would be nice.

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 217

Hi,

there is some introduction of the virus hc plugin on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQIj5Ea3vQc from 5:45

hope it helps.

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Florian Weiler
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2018
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

I’m also struggling with the librarian view, and tbh, the video doesn’t help at all. I’m using bloX, but I guess the concepts are similar for most of your plugins. Could you please provide a description of how the librarian is supposed to be used? A REAL manual for that would be incredibly helpful.

If there already is such a description somewhere on the forums, could you please guide me to it?
    Kind regards,
    Florian

blofeld Desktop + SL (among many others...)
    Windows 10 Pro
    Cubase Elements 10.0.40
    blofeld attached via USB to virtual Midi port using loopMIDI, routing done with Midi-Ox

Novaline

Hi again,

Sorry to say that there is NO Manual for any of the plugin yet, i am guessing the admin is creating them at the moment in the meantime he´s installing his new office.

The librarian can be used for different purposes, either to send data to your data or for music production for selecting sounds for your midi channels.
    What exactly are you after for?

Depdending on what you are looking for to do with the librarian, i might be able to send a private video of how i use it for my purpose.

let me know,
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Khorshid
    Participant

Well tell the master to give his office a rest and make a manual for all the people who paid their hard earned money for a shitty unstable plugin. I see u promising alot in these forums to alot of people and nothing gets solved. And now you want to send a private video to this dude instead making it available for the rest of us? You guys are some special kind of stupid my god!

Florian Weiler
    Participant

Thanks for getting back. I’m using bloX, but I’ve posted here, because the topic is the same and your plugins all seem similar in terms of concepts. Feel free to move this post.

Basically, I’d just like to know how the librarian is supposed to be used, because it doesn’t work as I would expect. Therefore, a user manual would be so helpful.

But in detail:
    * What is the idea between the upper and the lower view? What are they for? What’s the difference between them?
    * What does the Bank and program on the top refer to?
    * What exactly does ‘Request Data on Bank / prog change’ and ‘Library control on prog change’ do?
    * What does ‘Sync Data from HW’ and ‘Push data to HW’ do? What is the difference to ‘Store patch data’?
    * What happens when dubble-clicking a patch? A MIDI Program-Change or a SYSEX send?
    * When starting bloX, my Blofeld switches to Multi M18. Why that? Why not M1? Where can I configure this?

I’m aware that some of those questions may appear trivial, but the thing is, bloX just doesn’t behave as I would expect, so I probably misunderstand how I should use it.

It happened multiple times to me, that I did some editing on the synth, then clicked the wrong button in bloX and it overwrote the patch on my synth. That’s very annoying! Ideally, I’d like to use blox primarily for managing my patches, I do most of the editing on the HW.

I really want to like this plugins, I think it’s the best editor/librarian combo for blofeld I’ve found so far, so I’m looking forward for a detailed explanation of how to use it.

Cheers!

Windows 10 Pro
    Cubase Elements 10.0.40
    blofeld attached via USB to virtual Midi port using loopMIDI, routing done with Midi-Ox

Novaline

Hi florian,

im going to make a short video with my zoom q8 for you to demonstrate how to use the plugin in detail.

send me your email to mauricio@mysteryislands-music.com and i´ll get back to you with a link for the download 🙂

All the best
    Mauricio

Khorshid
    Participant

How about the rest of us. Do we get our money back?

Florian Weiler
    Participant

While I appreciate your offer, I agree that it would be a lot better to provide a public video, or just take some time and write a manual, or just a FAQ. I guess that a few pages just describing what EXACTLY every button&function does would already help a lot. Can’t be too much effort…

Windows 10 Pro
    Cubase Elements 10.0.40

Khorshid
    Participant

Nice Florian. At least someone has a conscious in here.

Florian Weiler
    Participant

Korshid, I think I made quite some progress configuring bloX. As for the blofeld, I’ pretty sure it IS the best editor around. I don’t regret buying it. I don’t think it’s buggy, it just really lacks a manual. Don’t know which synth you own, but I suggest to just play around with the plugin. I might post some kind of FAQ in the bloX forum sometime.

Cheers!

Windows 10 Pro
    Cubase Elements 10.0.40

Khorshid
    Participant

Well the rest of us have issues with a buggy Virus editor and no manual.

Novaline

Well the rest of us have issues with a buggy Virus editor and no manual.

Hi again,

if you wish to get a costum video on how to use the virus, send me a email to mauricio@mysteryislands-music.com.

Novaline

While I appreciate your offer, I agree that it would be a lot better to provide a public video, or just take some time and write a manual, or just a FAQ. I guess that a few pages just describing what EXACTLY every button&function does would already help a lot. Can’t be too much effort…

i will make that request for ALL editors to admin for sure. meanwhile i will do what i can to make everyone happy and satisfied.

Sent you a email btw, the file is now being uploaded so be sure to check your mail tonight.

Thanks
    Mauricio

François
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi,

Please share any information or video you create about the BloX Librarian.

I fully agree with the other people complaining about the Librarian. The BloX Librarian is a total Mystery for me. I just spent, again, about 2 hours trying to understand how it works but the result is that I still don’t understand its logic and I’m feeling very stupid. And, on top of that, some operation makes the plugin (and my DAW) crash!

After more than one year, BloX is still just a waste of money for me.

Please, help!

Blofeld desktop, Ableton Live 10.1, Mac mini OS X 10.14, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Florian Weiler
    Participant

Francois, I know what you mean. It is still very confusing to me. Mauricio, thanks for the video. It helped a little. I think you showed well how it’s supposed to work, but the more I play around with bloX, the more confusing it gets. Maybe it’s because blofeld is not virus, and certain things work different between the two. I will start posting my questions in the bloX forum.

Windows 10 Pro
    Cubase Elements 10.0.40

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.