Librarian questions

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

So the goal of the librarian is to tranfer patches between the hardware and editor in 2 directions and being able to sort patches in banks in the editor and make your own banks. I had a cool and free tool for that but the fact that you implemented it in the VST is just awesome. It’s at your fingertips now when you are making sounds with the plugin.

But there are so many buttons and options that it gets confusing (for me).

The remote control +-PROGRAM is just sooo cool and the LOAD FROM LIBRARY button on the front is a nice extra.

So when I press the LIBRARIAN button I want to choose a bank. Now most of the time I cannot choose a bank in the upper window because the down arrow is not doing or showing anything. It works great in the lower window. When I reload the plugin it works at first, so the menu gets stuck somewhere. When it works I load the init bank and rightclick an init sound from the bank. Request “temp from hardware” or “program from slot” is not doing anything visible. Is that normal? It should replace the init preset with the name of the active preset on the HW right? Initialize, rename and paste are working just fine.

When I press BANK EDIT and request patch data, the only option that is working is the “from active slot to librarian” option. The others have no result. All patches from memory is also not working.Why is that?

The store patch data let me store to currently selected slot on the HW but the “store all current patches to HW is not working either.

Sync current data from HW is doing something on my HW but what exactly is happening here please?

Push current multi to hardware is sending the patch on the frontpanel to the synth right?

And there are all those buttons on the right of the librarian screen. Load data from layer 1 & 2. I can’t make it work, The buttons light up when I press them but that is all.

The librarian view > I cannot change it. It is always on SINGLE PATCH MODE.

And the last 3 buttons are SYNC DATA FROM HW (is that the same as in the BANK EDIT?) : it does something on my HW.

and PUSH DATA to HW: this one is not sending the selected patch in the librarian to my HW, is that not it’s function?

The last one is on me 🙂 CONTROL LIBRARY FROM MIDI/HW was also not doing a thing , but I saw it working before when I was testing. When you enable the progam change in GLOBAL SETTINGS > advanced midi options it works great. Which made me think that maybe other settings need to be changed to get the none working buttons working. Here are my settings:

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Hey folks,

I was just organizing the new support site and its threads while I came across this thread. There seems to be a lot bugs in the MS2KxR librarian and I will check them out today. I can not say if the release will be out today, but I’ll do my absolute best.

Thanks,
    Jani

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

nr1killabee@gmail.com
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

Hi,

Just curious…what buges did you fix Jani?

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 217

Hi,

Jani is on Vacation ATM so i will provide the information for you in the meantime unless there is something else you wonder later on when he´s back.

MORE INFO ABOUT HIS STATUS on the forum!

https://help.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/topic/korg-ms2kxr-change-log/

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.