Loading patches is broken?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: December 2, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi all – I have a problem that I hope someone can solve.

I had 1.0.8 and have upgraded to 1.0.9, but the problem remains. If I load an external patch library, not all of the bank slots are filled. For example, I bought the “Organica Soundset”, and even though it has 128 patches, I see this:

Clipboard01

The same with any other external patch libraries I have. On the other hand, any of the Factory 2012 Bank x patches load fine, as does the Mystery Island – Best of both worlds patch library.

For anything that does load, it downloads to the synth and plays just fine.

BTW whether loading .syx or .mid, same.

Any ideas?

Win10 - Cubase 10.0.15 - Korg Kronos 2 - Omnisphere 2.5 - Waldorf Blofeld - Mininova - Roland SH3-A - Roland Octa-Capture

Attachments:
  • Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 217

Hello angryalpaca,

im suspecting 2 things here.

1. could possible be a bug on the editor

2. the midi file could be somehow damaged. Cases like this has happened before.

So here´s what i would like you to do.

-Remove the midi file and re-download it and put it on the patch folder for the editor.

– please go through the hardware settings and double check everything is in order.

– connect your blofeld with the editor. sync data to hardware. and see if your patch list looks the same.

alternative 2 if this doesnt help.

I would like to test this file on Admin´s blofeld to make sure if we get the same result. from there we determine if this a bug or something.

by sending your personal file, send it to  novalinemusic@live.se and i foward this to ADMIN ASAP for have tested.

Let me know,

Regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

AngryAlpacaStudios
    Participant
    Registered On: December 2, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

OK here’s something interesting: directly copying one particular file across to the documents directory using the OS and then starting the editor, it loads all 128 slots perfectly. File size is 49k4.

If I repeat the experiment using the editor’s import instead, it’s back to being broken, and looking at the file, it’s 49k5, so it’s slightly larger than the source file.

I haven’t done a diff on the two versions, but obviously when I use editor import, the file is being modified and thus mangled. File header?

Win10 - Cubase 10.0.15 - Korg Kronos 2 - Omnisphere 2.5 - Waldorf Blofeld - Mininova - Roland SH3-A - Roland Octa-Capture

Novaline

OK here’s something interesting: directly copying one particular file across to the documents directory using the OS and then starting the editor, it loads all 128 slots perfectly. File size is 49k4.

If I repeat the experiment using the editor’s import instead, it’s back to being broken, and looking at the file, it’s 49k5, so it’s slightly larger than the source file.

I haven’t done a diff on the two versions, but obviously when I use editor import, the file is being modified and thus mangled. File header?

Hi again,

okey so it sounds like a bug then. Can you report this on the bug thread please?

I will report this internally with admin so he can himself look into this issue and work on it for the next update.

Go for that first option you mentioned for now if it works as you mentioned.

just a double check, did you check the hardware settings for the plugin?

Also, are you using this plugin with or without midi-ox and are you using the KB or desktop version of blofeld?

Just want some extra clarifications.

i´ll get back to you anyway ASAP with some answers!

thank you for your patience,

regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Novaline

hello again,

its been a while and hope you found a way of the problem.

I wanted to stop by to tell you all that admin is currently very busy doing some new coding for the plugins for the next updates that is being in process.

I just got to know this info internally from admin so i thought i should let you know that.

i would be happy to hear your part of the answer after my last response if possible,

regards

Novaline

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Hi all – I have a problem that I hope someone can solve.

I had 1.0.8 and have upgraded to 1.0.9, but the problem remains. If I load an external patch library, not all of the bank slots are filled. For example, I bought the “Organica Soundset”, and even though it has 128 patches, I see this:

Clipboard01

The same with any other external patch libraries I have. On the other hand, any of the Factory 2012 Bank x patches load fine, as does the Mystery Island – Best of both worlds patch library.

For anything that does load, it downloads to the synth and plays just fine.

BTW whether loading .syx or .mid, same.

Any ideas?

Hey, can you send me the bank file in email? support at mysteryislands-music.com

I will debug the import function and see what I’ve done wrong in there.

Thanks,
    Jani

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Novaline

Dear costumer,

please send the file that didnt work on the blofeld/editor to admin,

unless this have been solved on the latest version!

Thanks
    Mauricio

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

I’ll mark this resolved now as theres been no activity for a long time.

I haven’t seen this action happening with latest versions I’ve tested.

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

1 user thanked author for this post.

The topic ‘Loading patches is broken?’ is resolved and closed to new replies.