Logic Pro X Setup Instructions? MicroKorg Editor

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: February 15, 2020
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi all.

I have the VirusHC editor, which works great, and I downloaded the demo for the MicroKorg editor. I’ve configured the hardware synth according to the instructions I found on the Mystery Island site, but I can’t figure out how to configure Logic Pro to connect/communicate with the MicroKorg. Are there setup instructions somewhere or could someone share them in this thread?

Thanks for any help!

John

• Author
    Replies
      Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hello,

User guides for how to prepare your MAC AND DAW can be found on USER GUIDES section

follow these ones

VirusHC – Configuring Apple Logic Pro (Mac)

PulseX – Configuring Apple Logic Pro (Mac)

also, make sure that you are having the correct hardware settings for the microkorg so it can communicate with plugin.

Midi ports needs to be disabled as well.

Im not really sure what MIDI INTERFACE or OS you have but it could be good if you note that for a next issue 🙂

hope this helps
      Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

johnkrogh
      Participant
      Registered On: February 15, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Hi Mauricio.

I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I’m still not able to get it working. I have Logic 10.4.6 on Mojave 10.14.6 on a late 2013 Mac Pro with 64GB of RAM. I am using a Unitor 8 MIDI interface. I’m not sure what you mean by “MIDI ports need to be disabled.”

I’m able to get the synth configured according to your instructions, and I’ve set up Logic’s Environment according to the instructions for the Waldorf. When I run the plug-in, it seems to report things are working correctly: It says “Plug-in is ready to go!” See the screenshots from my computer.

However, when I play my MIDI controller, the MicroKorg doesn’t respond. It doesn’t produce any sound. I am able to play other soft synths, so I know MIDI is being received and sent to other instruments.

Can you please provide detailed instructions?

Thanks,

John

Attachments:
      Novaline

Hi again,

When i said MIDI PORTS NEEDS TO BE DISABLED.
      That means that you need to disable the ports meaning not having them activated on LOGIC. If you have them enabled , it will crash and block the signal.

Do you have the latest version/update of the plugin by the way?

What advanced midi settings do you have on the plugin?

can you also please be sure that the global settings are the same on the synth as on the plugin?

also some other questions:

1. on global settings on plugin – is the MIDI POSITION post KBD/preTG on or off?

2. can you please try set the clock to internal or alternative auto and see what happens?

let me know

thanks
      Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

Novaline

Hello,

any news?

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

• The forum ‘Korg microKxR AudioUnit & VST Editor / Librarian’ is closed to new topics and replies.