Logic X Recall issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: January 18, 2017
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi Jani, I sent you this mail some time ago:

“Every time I open a project in Logic X 10.2.2 (Mavericks 10.9.5) the plugin don’t recall the synth, I have to open the GUI plugin and select the name of the preset in the LCD and press enter and then the plugin recall the Micro Korg with the preset, after that all works perfect. This bug didn’t happens in previous versions.”

Now I updated my system to lastest vesion of Sierra (10.12.6) and Logic (10.4.2) and I still having the same problem with your plugin, I installed the latest version of your plugin but still the same.

Thanks.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Logic X 10.4.2, DIGI002, Emagic AMT8, TC Powercore Firewire, Access Virus TI 1

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
      Keymaster
      Registered On: August 21, 2014
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 212

I will take a look in to this tonight as I am about to push next version out (with three GUI options in size and skin).

Update will be available once newsletter comes out!

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

• Jani
      Keymaster

Ok, I was NOT able to reproduce this with LPX 10.4.2 (macOS 10.12) while using version 1.3.1 which is gonna be out in few ticks.

Please let me know if the issue is still present and we will check what might be the issues. Is the plug-in saying it is registered?

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

SAMUEL
      Participant

Perfect, i will try tonight the new version and tell you

macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Logic X 10.4.2, DIGI002, Emagic AMT8, TC Powercore Firewire, Access Virus TI 1

SAMUEL
      Participant

Hi, it’s the same with new version, the weird thing it’s that this bug not happend with 1.0.9. Some setting in Logic? i don’t know.

• Jani
      Keymaster

If the project contains the old version of the plug-in and you try to re-open it with new plug-in installed, it will not work.

If I store the song with the latest version in Logic and re-open the project, all the settings were sent back to microkorg.

So, the plug-in update is not backward compatible, as the change log says.

But if this happens when project is saved with new version of microkxr, then send me the plug-in log file after re-opening the project and we shall see what it says 🙂

Log is located at /user/documents/mystery islands music/korg microkxr editor/ folder.

SAMUEL
      Participant

attached log file

• Jani
      Keymaster

Well it is definitely saying the Devices are stored in the total recall package. What is the plug-in midi in and midi out saying in the plug-in GUI? If you click the patch name and hit enter, does it send it to microKorg after that?

SAMUEL
      Participant

The midi input and output are routed to the AMT8 port 5 that is where the MicroKorg is connected.

Yes, if i selected the name of the preset and press enter the microKorg receive the data correctly.

This bug start in the version 1.2.6 i think. Before that all work properly.

Attached capture of the GUI.

• Jani
      Keymaster

Hi,

Ok I will check this out during this week and have it sorted. It works great on my system which is almost the identical, but I will try to check if there is something I can do to make it work better.

Thanks!

• Jani
      Keymaster

Hi @SAMUEL Can you tell me if the issue got resolved with the latest update? It did work for me (though the last version worked too, but I made some adjustments to the sending process).

SAMUEL
      Participant

Hi Jani, congratulations¡¡ works flawlessly, I will test it in deep these days. Thanks for your great support¡¡

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

The topic ‘Logic X Recall issues’ is resolved and closed to new replies.