Midi Clock?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: April 28, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Should midi clock send to the Nova? It does not appear to be sending using Cubase 9.5 on a Windows 8.1 system.

I have several Edirol midi interfaces that have midi drivers to allow port sharing. With the MicroQ editor both Cubase and the editor can use the midi ports at the same time. The Nova editor will not allow this to work, I get a crash in Cubase when I set the midi out port in the Nova editor when it is also accessed by Cubase. So, I tried turning on the options to send midi clock, but it is not getting to the Nova, no notes sound. If I set the midi clock on the Nova to internal then the arp does work.

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
      Keymaster
      Registered On: August 21, 2014
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 212

Hey,

Did you check the Nova editor “midi settings” page to send midi clock via the plug-in to your Nova? Images below for accessing midi clock generator.

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 432

hello sayer,

Did you solve the problem?

regards

novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

Novaline

Hello,

this thread will be closed and set as unresolved since we havent heard anything from you until now. This will be marked as resolved if we havent heard anything from you in at least 1 month to make sure to sort out the forum and clean stuff up. please make a new thread if this has been marked as resolved unless you have answered.

all the best
      team MIM

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

Sayer Seely
      Participant
      Registered On: May 21, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 2

Let me check to see if it is working now.

Novaline

Hi,

Great!

Please let me know how it went and make sure the latest version for your OS is installed including your DAW and hardware settings are correct.

Thanks
      Mauricio

Sayer Seely
      Participant
      Registered On: May 21, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 2

I did some testing on the Nova desktop today with the following results:

In the editor, locking the tempo to the Cubase 10 tempo works. The arp setting in the Nova is set to the DAW tempo, but that is not using midi clock, it is just setting the tempo value. The arp only works when MIDI clock = Int.

When I set MIDI clock = Ext in the Global settings the arp will not play no matter what I do. Even if I have Cubase in play mode and not sitting idle, Midi clock is not sent to the Nova. In Cubase you select which Midi ports you want to send Midi clock to in the transport menu. I am not able to select the Nova since the Midi port is disabled in Cubase to allow the plug-in to use the Midi port. The editor needs to somehow capture the Midi clock and send it to the synth.

Also, when I double click a patch in the editor library, it sends it to the synth, but the arp is always turned on (even if the patch does not use the arp), and the arp mute is always turned on. So, it always requires a button press on the Nova to turn off arp mute or turn off the arp, or both.

On a side note… I had a lot of fun working with the Nova today. The screen on the Nova is dead, so I cannot do much from the synth interface. My plan is to use the editor as a replacement for the screen.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.