• Creator
    Topic
    tnunnery
    Participant
    Registered On: July 19, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to audition sounds on the hardware via the bloX interface?
    2. What is the correct setup for Logic Pro X? bloX sends and receives correctly from the Blofeld but I can’t seem to get midi working.

Thanks!

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Hi,

1. Only way to “audiotion” is to double click the patch in the librarian view to send it to the corresponding part. There is no “revert” option (yet! which would be a neat feature to add in later).
    2. I’ve added the setup steps below with screenshots.

Enter Logic Pro Environment

1. Choose remove / eraser tool from the environment tools menu. I’ve assigned it to my right mouse button at all times.
    2. Right click the cable that goes from SUM to Input Notes.

Re-route connections in Environment

1. Create new connections between your master keyboard(s) and controller(s) which you want to route into any chosen track.

Add tracks to Arrangement window

1. Add new instrument track (no multitimbral, just regular instrument track).
    2. Check that channel is set to all (if you happen to change MIDI channel on your master keyboard to play different parts that way.
    3. Insert Waldorf bloX AudioUnit.
    4. Add regular MIDI tracks to the arrangement (1-16, depending how many tracks you want to use). Make sure that the PORT is pointing to Blofeld USB port directly. We don’t need to route the MIDI to bloX plugin and from there to hardware. Sync with DAW works this way a lot better.

Setup MIDI I/O to plugin

1. Choose MIDI IN (this will set default port to text file, so next time you insert the plug-in, it will be automatically assigned).
    2. Choose MIDI OUT (this will set default port to text file, so next time you insert the plug-in, it will be automatically assigned).

Enter Patch Librarian page and click sync data from HW if you need to get the current data to the plugin interface.

Lay down the blocks in Arrangement window

1 -4. Add notes to blocks on arrangement – These channels will correspond to the blofeld parts.

Creating Automation lanes in Arrangement window

1. Select instrument channel with bloX plugin and hit A to display automation (or if you have another key command to it, use that).
    2. Choose parameter to automate from the menu structure: 1 bloX Editor -> Part X -> Parameter X.

You can add as many parts in the automation list as you wish. They are labelled with [part number] to indicate which parameter is shown once automation is revealed. To display more automation lanes at once, click the arrow button right below the instrument channel icon 🙂

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    J

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

tnunnery
    Participant
    Registered On: July 19, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi. Unfortunately this did not help. The wording used in the instructions is very confusing. My comments are inline below:

<<
    ENTER LOGIC PRO ENVIRONMENT

1. Choose remove / eraser tool from the environment tools menu. I’ve assigned it to my right mouse button at all times.
    2. Right click the cable that goes from SUM to Input Notes.
    >>

OK, DONE.

<<RE-ROUTE CONNECTIONS IN ENVIRONMENT

1. Create new connections between your master keyboard(s) and controller(s) which you want to route into any chosen track.
    >>

OK, DONE.

<<ADD TRACKS TO ARRANGEMENT WINDOW

1. Add new instrument track (no multitimbral, just regular instrument track).
    2. Check that channel is set to all (if you happen to change MIDI channel on your master keyboard to play different parts that way.
    3. Insert Waldorf bloX AudioUnit.
    >>
    OK, DONE.

<<
    4. Add regular MIDI tracks to the arrangement (1-16, depending how many tracks you want to use). Make sure that the PORT is pointing to Blofeld USB port directly. We don’t need to route the MIDI to bloX plugin and from there to hardware. Sync with DAW works this way a lot better.
    >>

This is where it gets confusing. What’s a “regular MIDI track?” External MIDI? Make sure what port is pointing to Blofeld USB port directly?

I didn’t get any further than this. I’m thinking this may be more trouble than it’s worth.

TVN

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

This is where it gets confusing. What’s a “regular MIDI track?” External MIDI? Make sure what port is pointing to Blofeld USB port directly?

I didn’t get any further than this. I’m thinking this may be more trouble than it’s worth.

Right, external MIDI track that is in case it was somewhat unclear. I don’t know what other MIDI track it could have had been to be honest.

New tracks -> External MIDI track -> choose number of how many you want and choose the MIDI output to point into blofeld USB and hit ok. This will add the MIDI tracks to the arrangement.

If you have further questions, let me know and I’ll clarify my bad wording 🙂

Thanks,
    J

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

The topic ‘Midi control and auditioning sounds’ is resolved and closed to new replies.