Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: October 29, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello,

I’m using the Demo version in hopes of buying the full license.  I’m having some issues that are not a part of the demo limitations.

I will give my rig setup at the bottom of this post.

Issue 1: CPU spike when focusing on multimode part.  My CPU spikes to 200%+ for a moment, which breaks the audio, every single time that I click on the number of a part in order to start managing the sounds of that part.

Issue 2: Envelope/Filter/LFO settings get ‘stuck’ when trialing multiple patches rapidly.  I have encountered an issue whereby my simple sequence starts getting into a very repetitive setting (sounds like perhaps an envelope is stuck with it’s setting, or an LFO, or a filter setting) whereby, when I then switch to other patches, they all retain the same setting (stutter attack with a very short sustain and no release sound, but the envelopes look right when i move them around).

Issue 3: GUI actions don’t get sent to my unit.  I have the editor working fine most of the time, but occasionally, i will change something and it will not be enacted.  This happens the most when changing envelope types (ADSR to ADSD2S2r, for instance), and I then have to reboot the plug-in.  Since I’m on the demo version, I lose all of my settings.

My setup:

* What system you are using and OS version.

Macbook Pro (2018) 2.9Ghz corei9 Mac OS10.14.6

* What DAW you are using.

Ableton Live 10.1.2 – using the plug-in as an AU.

* What audio interface you are using.

Antelope Audio Orion 32+ on 96Khz (I also sometimes run Waves Sound Grid Server, so the driver is installed, but I’ve not run it with this plug-in active, as yet)

* What MIDI interface you are using.

TIE 1i1o

* What did you do to find the bug / issue?

I was replacing soft synths from imported songs (from bandmates) with microQ sounds.

* How we can re-create the issue in our end to fix it.

I’m not sure.

I really love the look and feel of the plugin, and would love to purchase a working version, but these issues would be a no-go for me (predominantly the CPU spike which cuts audio, as I play live shows and cannot sacrifice stability for something like this.

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 208

Hello,

when using demo, please keep in mind that certain things are being restricted

more info here ´´ Waldorf microQxR AudioUnit & VST Editor / Librarian DEMO downloads – DEMO limitations can be found from FAQ tab below.
    32-bit Demo available at Downloads Tab.´´

Waldorf microQxR AudioUnit & VST Librarian Editor Plug-in

Scroll down and press FAQ

Certain Midi devices and especially cheap one tend to not work with the plugins because its not capable to send data properly.
    Highly suggest a more high end midiinterface.I am not experienced with that brand of yours.

Make sure that your DAW on your mac is setup correct by following this video or manual i provide

(this goes for the virus but the concept is the same)

VirusHC – Configuring Ableton Live (Mac)

Make sure that the hardware configuration is setup correctly (it might work if its done with your midiinterface)

Configure microQ for our plug-in

hope this helps
    Thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.