Muting a track causes issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 19

I start with Multi 31, which is an init program. If I select a preset from the Preset Browser, it loads in fine. If I hit Mute for the track on the left hand side, it’ll mute as expected. To get it to unmute is quite the challenge. If you unmute, you get no sound. In order to get audio again, you need to move to another blank preset (multi 32 in this case), load in a preset from the browser again, THEN flip back to the first preset, then you’ll get the default sound. If you flip back and forth between Multi 31 and 32, no sound. Until you load in another sound into Multi 32, I can’t get sound back out of Multi 31.

This is not the only plugin I’ve noticed that has issues when you mute a track and then unmute. Reported it for Supernova. I’ll go back and check the Virus and JP8080.

Devon

Devon

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Hey Devon,

I just released version 1.0.4 last night. I did not check the forums prior to updating but I’m hoping this issues is resolved with the latest update πŸ™‚ Can you take a look once more and let me know?

Thanks,
    Jani

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

DevonB
    Participant

Ok, so now the mute button is completely ignored. I can change the volume, and edit the sound from the Multimode page, but mute doesn’t work whatsoever now.

I went back and checked all the settings in the guide again, and they are all set as you describe. The synth is in Multi Mode. I can put different patches on different channels, and everything seems to behave ok. But mute does absolutely nothing.

Devon

Devon

DevonB
    Participant

Ok, I think I got it figured out. I’m guessing that it’s fixed as that behavior is gone like I stated. I also uncovered another bug in the process. The first 4 channels all show unmuted and 5 though 16 are muted by default. With your new Bank/Prog behavior, if I select preset 1 on channel 1, everything is fine. If I select Preset 02, 03 or 04 when Channel 2, 3 or 4 is unmuted, I’ll get the error about Bank/Prog, even though the channel shows as INIT. If I MUTE channel 2, 3 and 4, then I can select any preset I want without the pop up complaint. I’m guessing even though the interface shows nothing loaded, the program thinks the Multi has Channel 1-4 loaded with Preset 1-4 from the bank.

Two other things – Cubase 10 immediately blacklisted the plugin on first load. I Reactivated it and it worked. It also crashed Cubase 10 when I unloaded the plugin from the VST slot earlier this evening.

Custom Built PC Windows 7 SP1
    Cubase 10 Pro
    MOTU 828 MK3
    Multiple MOTU MIDIExpress XT’s and MTP/AV.

Devon

DevonB
    Participant

Ok, so now the mute button is completely ignored. I can change the volume, and edit the sound from the Multimode page, but mute doesn’t work whatsoever now.

I went back and checked all the settings in the guide again, and they are all set as you describe. The synth is in Multi Mode. I can put different patches on different channels, and everything seems to behave ok. But mute does absolutely nothing.

Devon

And just so I’m clear; what I had figured out above does NOT change that the MUTE button does nothing still. If I mute on the SuperNova II plugin, it actually mutes the channel. This one does not. However, it does change the behavior of what the plugin thinks is on what channel, even though the channel says INIT as described in the post above.

Devon

Novaline – Support Staff
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 153

Hi,

i have recently been using the new update of this with FL studio and it works completely fine for me. I guess Jani would have to check this out in depth.

and yes, it has to be set on multimode πŸ™‚

i have assigned this further to Jani.

thanks!

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Jani
    Keymaster

Ok I will check this out and have it fixed asap

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Jani
    Keymaster

Fixed with v1.0.5 – https://help.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/topic/waldorf-qxr-change-log/

DevonB
    Participant

The problem still exists on 1.0.5.

Go to Patch Librarian tab. Load in any mid or syx bank. Mute tracks 2, 3 and 4 on the left hand side. Select Preset 2, 3 or 4. Works fine. Unmute Track 2. While Track 1 is still selected, select preset 2. The warning dialog box pops up about bank/preset selection. Mute Track 2, try to select preset 2 again, works fine. This goes for any track that’s unmuted. If track 4 is unmuted, you cannot select preset 4. If track 8 is muted, you cannot select preset 8. The plugin assumes that the track is the preset # selected, even though the Track shows INIT on it.

I understand what you’re trying to accomplish, but the interface says INIT for tracks 2-16. It acts like Track 1 is mapped to preset 1, track 2 is mapped to preset 2 all the way down to preset 16. If you pick preset 17 or higher, this never happens.

Devon

Devon

Jani
    Keymaster

I hope this gets resolved now with version 1.0.6. Its available now.

DevonB
    Participant

The behavior is different, but the more I played with it, I’m not sure if it’s fixed, or I’m just misunderstanding what the plugin is trying to do. Take your vacation, get your studio set back up, and let’s talk after you get settled? Far more important than this feature right now or my understanding of it. Having documentation on the features would greatly help, but you’re already committed to working on that. πŸ™‚

Devon

Devon

The topic ‘Muting a track causes issues’ is resolved and closed to new replies.