No response from Blofeld!

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: July 30, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi!

I can’t sync my blofeld desktop with blox. I have read an reread all the stuff by here, checkig and undchecking midi ports, doing all the steps on midiloop, setting the hardware, midi-ox and cubase…. And nothing changes…

The led of the blo nlinks when the plugin is checking device id but in the end the same sentence appears: “No response from Blofeld” or “Connection timed out”.

I attach some pictures.

Thank you in advance!
    <h5>Windows 10 Pro V.1083 64 bits, Waldorf Blofeld desktop, Yamaha Steinberg UR242, Cubase 10.0.30,</h5>

Attachments:
  • Author
    Replies
    david fernandez
    Participant

I don’t know how, but now the plugin says “is reaady to use”. And effectively I can load patches to blox, there are connection. But now the problem is another, nothing sounds!!!! The blox receives signal from daw, everithing seems to be ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 178

Hello there,

yes i see whats the issue here (i guessing according my experiences with my gear)

When using Racks of any synthesizer, you dont need to draw lines from the output to input.

And as long your hardware, PC settings & DAW settings are correct, it should work fine!

Here is a example:

The Synth Midi in (from loopmidi) (Blofeld midi in) on the OUTPUT PORTS on midi-ox is only needed if its a keyboard version.
    so in other words, you dont need the Blofeld midi in.

Do like my it says on my photo below i provide.

See if it works!

Let me know

Thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Attachments:
    david fernandez
    Participant

Thank you for your response!

I’ve tried to make the changes you said and seems it works fine, the connection between plugin and blofeld is ok. But still I can’t get any sound from the midi track. Whith any other instrument vst there’s no problem, I can get sound but not with the blox.

I don’t know what to do…

Thanks!

Novaline

Hi,

ok, so it responds to your hardware now as far as i can understand but you get no sound.

Have you checked your audio routing?
    Make sure your inputs are correctly setup in DAW and on the BLOX plugin.
    also, make sure you have the right key range setup on your blofeld and try to mute and unmute the channels and make sure that EVERY channel has its own MIDI channel and not Global or omni.

let me know if things changes.

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

david fernandez
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I’ve tried everything you said and nothing happened. Any other vst instrument sounds but not the blofeld editor. When I press any key of my keyboard the led of the plugin and also the led of the hardware blinks. So, I’m sure that’s a silly thing, but this silly thing is getting me crazy.

I attach some pictures. Expecting if you can see this stupid thing that I’m missing out.

Thank you again!

Attachments:
    Novaline

Hi again,

Have you checked if it helps with the Local Control button on?

also, i see that your 2 ins and outs are IN-ACTIVE, im guessing you are using the 1/2 for monitors so that means that 3/4 needs to be active.

Please follow this video and see if you missed something.

Let me know

thanks
    Mauricio

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.