No Response from Hardware

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2020
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I keep getting the “No Response from Hardware” message from the Pulse 2X Editor. I’m running v.1.0.1 of the editor with Ableton Live (10.1.7) on an iMac (OS 10.13.6). The Pulse 2 hardware is connected to my computer via USB with the recommended settings (MIDI CHANNEL= 1, MIDI THRU= OFF, TX ARP CLOCK= OFF, TX ARP NOTES= OFF, TX PARAMETERS= CC+SYS, & DEVICE ID= 0). I have followed all of the instructions that came with the installer, as well as those on your website for Ableton Live. When the editor is instantiated in Live, it always gives me the “No Response” message at the end of processing.

Despite that, the plug-in does seem to work: e.g., adjusting knobs on the Pulse changes them on the editor (and vice-versa); selecting patches in the patch librarian changes them on the Pulse (and vice-versa). So it seems to be generally working, but the plug-in doesn’t think it’s connected to the hardware when first added to a track in Live. Is this a bug or a setup issue?

• Author
    Replies
      Jonathan Johnson
      Participant
      Registered On: December 17, 2018
      Replies: 7

Same thing for me and I’m running Editor in Cubase 10.5. Goesn’t seem to be causing any issues at present time.

Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hello,

i have a theory but i need to double check before with questions

1. Can you double check your hardware settings?

2. can you double check your DAW settings?

on the manual it says you can either use USB and Midi together or MIDI only

Make sure you have direct connections between your Pulse 2 and your DAW with MIDI or USB.

Pulse 2 MIDI out to MIDI device MIDI in.

MIDI device MIDI out to Pulse 2 MIDI in.

If the usb way doesnt make connection and gives you time out , try following

1. Reconnect your MIDI internface

2. connect MIDI ports only to your interface and see if does any difference.

let me know
      Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

Jonathan Johnson
      Participant
      Registered On: December 17, 2018
      Replies: 7

Hi Mauricio

The Editor works fine using USB. It just seems to hang during initial search for the Pulse2 after you set the midi channels. If I abort the search I can then link with the Editor and have all presets available for selection and I can edit all parameters.

As I said Editor works fine after initial abort.

Regards

Jon

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

• The forum ‘Waldorf Pulse2X AudioUnit / VST Editor & Librarian’ is closed to new topics and replies.