Registered On: June 26, 2020
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello!

I’m trying out the JP80x0 editor demo, version 2.6.2. My setup as follow:

* Windows 10 64bit Version 2004
    * Cubase 10.5.20 64bit
    * Steinberg UR242 audio interface and midi interface

I have my interface input and output connected to the JP8080, JP8080 settings match the setup guide. When I launch the plugin and select the midi devices it scans the device IDs but never finds the JP resulting in a “No response from JP!”

Notably you can still input midi using a keyboard, and the plugin does relay it to the JP. Parameters appear to work, however the librarian functions don’t do anything, and if I increment or decrement the patch from the plugin it hard crashes the plugin and Cubase. Am I doing something wrong or is this an incompatibility with this interface?

Thanks!

• Author
    Replies
      rtsx
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Hey all. Sorry I never could figure this out and make it work. I was also evaluating MidiQuest, which despite having a somewhat dated UI just worked out of the box with my interface and DAW. Not sure why Mystery Island didn’t but I ended up going with MidiQuest. You can close this out…

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

• The forum ‘Roland JP-80×0 AudioUnit / VST Editor & Librarian’ is closed to new topics and replies.