• Creator
    Topic
    François
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi,
    I am a registered owner of your BloX plugin. I must say I was never able to use it because I’m unable to use the Librarian.
    Today, I wanted to give a try again and make sure the latest version (1.1.8) was installed.
    I use Ableton Live 10.1 under OS X 10.14.6 on a very recent Mac Mini with 16GB of RAM.
    When I use the Librarian, it makes Ableton crash. Ableton just quits! It’s very easy to reproduce.
    The other features of the plugin seems to work. For example I can move an oscillator dial in the plugin and my Blofeld is updated accordingly. I can move a knob on the Blofeld and the BloX editor updates accordingly.
    So, my only problem is with the Librarian.
    For example, it crashes when I do “BANK EDIT -> Store Patch Data -> To Currently Selected Slot&Bank”.
    It also crashes when I read the Blofeld patches to get them in the BloX.
    Can you please help me?
    And, can you please give some informations about how the Librarian must be used? I must say that the Librarian is kind of a challenge to understand.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Blofeld desktop, Ableton Live 10.1, Mac mini OS X 10.14, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 208

Hello,

ok,

here are some following questions i need to ask:

Have you made sure you have made all preparations for using the editors on MAC?
    if not please follow this guide

VirusHC – Prepare your DAW for our plug-in (Mac)

Have you doubled checked the hardware settings for your blofeld that they are correct and havent changed?
    if you, please read the user guide below

Configure Blofeld for our plug-in

Have you doubled checked the settings for your DAW (ableton) for mac?
    if not, please follow this user guide below
    (this is as an example for the virus hc before using the plugin about how to configure your DAW before using, same goes for all editors)

VirusHC – Configuring Ableton Live (Mac)

let me know if you have followed these steps to 100% to see if the issue still remains.

i can make short private video turtorial on how to use the librarian. Please send me a email to mauricio@mysteryislands-music.com
    and i´ll make it avaible either tomorrow or latest friday evening.

kind regards
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

François
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I can not access the guides when I’m logged in, I get an “Access Denied” message: https://ibb.co/hRYKf98

That’s kind of you to propose to make a video just for me. But, why not make a video and share it here, for everybody? I’m sure I’m not the only one struggling with the Librarian.

Can you please just answers these questions:
    – what are the difference between the top panel and the bottom panel is in Librarian?
    – I have your “Best of Both Worlds” sound pack. How do I transfer all the sounds to my Blofeld at once?
    – Can you give more explanations about the “Advanced incoming MIDI settings”?
    – And finally, I don’t understand the “Bank & Patch number conflict heads-up”. Can you explain this a bit more please?

I’m feeling so stupid. Maybe I just don’t get how the multi-mode works in the Blofeld. Maybe that’s the problem. But I expected your editor to help in that matter. Unfortunately it only adds more confusion.

Kind regards
    Francois

Blofeld desktop, Ableton Live 10.1, Mac mini OS X 10.14, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Novaline

USER GUIDE BLOFELD HARDWARE CONFUGRATION

Instructions what to do before inserting our plug-in to project

First we need to make sure the hardware is ready to communicate with the software. In order to do so, we need to make sure that some pre-required settings are set accordingly.

Plug your MIDI cables to the MIDI device and Audio Jacks to your mixer / soundcard.
    MIDI out from synth to MIDI device in and vice versa. No MIDI thru or other ports.

Fire up your Blofeld and enter Multimode with “Sound / Multi” button. Our plug-in is designed to work in Multi Mode, to access all 16 parts from single plug-in instance. Single mode is not supported, and never will be.

After entering Multimode, open Global settings by click & hold shift + global. Scroll to first “page” with the Jog wheel above play button.

Global Display 2/2 -> Auto Edit = on.
    Global MIDI 1/4 -> MIDI Channel = 16.
    Global MIDI 1/4 -> Device ID = 0 (00h). (if you have multiple blofelds connected, make sure every blofeld has a different device id assigned to it).
    Global MIDI 2/4 -> Clock = auto.
    Global MIDI 3/4 -> Local Control = on.
    Global MIDI 3/4 -> Prg Send = on. (you might want to turn this off, if you are getting odd behavior from the plug-in while scrolling through patches).
    Global MIDI 4/4 -> Ctrl Send = Ctrl+SysEx.
    Global MIDI 4/4 -> Ctrl Receive = on.

Now lets adjust Multi settings, before we use the plug-in. Click “Play” button until display indicates “Edit Multi”. Use the Jog wheel above play button to move to first “page” and from there onwards.

Scroll the jog wheel until display indicates “receive” in the top row and make sure every part has a different MIDI channel number. Also, we recommend to MUTE every part which is not in use. This will speed up the plug-in total recall process and some multi functions as well.
    Scroll the jog wheel again until display indicates “receive 1/5” in the top row and make sure all channels are set to “receive” for MIDI and USB – Same thing on the next page for Local (2/5).
    Adjust pages 3/5 and 4/5 to your desired settings for Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Pressure and Sustain.
    Set Edits and Prg Change to “receive” mode in page 5/5.

You can choose next part by holding the Play button and then turning the Job wheel onwards or backwards.

All set! We are now ready to configure our DAW!

To get more information about how to adjust your synth, read the Waldorf Blofeld User Manual.

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Novaline

ABLETON LIVE 10 DAW – I couldnt access the document myself either for some reason but there will be some checking!

Please check out this video for now

(its for the virus but it comes for same for all other synths)

Novaline

Im also trying to get hold of the manual for preparing the Prepare your DAW for our plug-in (Mac) ASAP.

At least you dont need to do advanced midi settings with MIDI-OX and LOOPmidi like you need for windows.
    As far as i am concerned , you just need to do the configuration with your midi ports from what channel goes to your hardware with midi interface.

Novaline

Can you please just answers these questions:
    – what are the difference between the top panel and the bottom panel is in Librarian?
    – I have your “Best of Both Worlds” sound pack. How do I transfer all the sounds to my Blofeld at once?
    – And finally, I don’t understand the “Bank & Patch number conflict heads-up”. Can you explain this a bit more please?

Answer: the upper is for browsing the ordinary way where you see all patches you have for the hardware/plugin , uncategorized.

The lower is used for using Category filter. That means, if you only want to find bass patches, by setting the filter on. It will be answer: easier browsing your bass patches, leads and so on.

i will get back to you about it ASAP since i dont use myself honestly.

answer: Go to Bank Edit -Store Patch Data – And Select ´´To currently Selected Slot Bank´´ or if you wish to save it to Slot A,B,C or D etc. Choose any of them. Please remember that all settings needs to be done first and be setup correctly first

And finally, I don’t understand the “Bank & Patch number conflict heads-up”. Can you explain this a bit more please?

What exactly do you mean by this ´´conflict heads-up?

I will certainly ask admin for the questions you asked as soon as i get hold of him.

Anoter answer regarding your video question

the reason is , for your and everyones information: I am a volunteer who is glad to help people with their issues as good as possible to make things work out for them. I dont work for Jani Direcrtly or for him. I do release my soundsets on his store but thats pretty much it.

So if you like to have a quick turtorial through skype or a private video. Let me know by emailing me to: mauricio@mysteryislands-music.com and let me know if Monday, Tuesday or Friday any week is fine for you for skype or if you wish to get a private video for a quick turtorial.

Kind regards
    Mauricio

François
    Participant

Hi Mauricio,

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate.

Now that I better understand what the plugin calls a “patch”, a “slot”, … I think things are getting a bit more clear.

Now I just need to find more time to play and use the plugin. Eventually I’ll understand the logic of the Librarian.

Kind regards
    Francois

Novaline

Hello francois,

You´re very welcome and i am happy to hear my help did some progress!

Come back if you need further assistance! Enjoy

Kind regards
    Mauricio

The topic ‘Plugin crashes and makes DAW crashes too’ is resolved and closed to new replies.