Possible to save Patches into Virus C once edited in the plugin?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi there,

I’m an owner of the VIRUS C, Indigo 2

How I intend to use the Virus HC plugin is basically just edit patches without menu diving on the hardware, which sometimes can be a bit of pain (for me at least) as you can’t see everything directly on the hardware interface.

I see and read the design of the Virus HC VST is to use it in multi-mode.

For my purpose, I would like to know if there is a way to save a patch I have edited on the VST and save it on to the hardware. Almost like editing a single mode patch and saving the result to a Bank slot.

Currently there isn’t a user manual for the latest version, I bought this piece of software a while back to just backup and arrange my own patches. Would love to know if there is a way to save patches back into the hardware in specific locations.

Many thanks in advance! :_)

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 197

Hello,

yepp thats why jani made this editor to make it easier to make.

The editor is for MULTI use only and not SINGLE mode but to make your wish come true is still possible of course.

If you want to transfer a bank, go to the browser of the editor and choose a bank and then press Bank edit and store patch data like on the picture i uploaded.

It will later say: sending data and voila, all done!

If you want to transfer a full bank – take the first option

if just a patch or 2 or more singles – the second option but make sure to mark it first.

hope this works for you!

Thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Attachments:
    biggator6
    Participant
    Registered On: October 7, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

The editor is for MULTI use only and not SINGLE mode but to make your wish come true is still possible of course.

I’m curious about this.. can I not click on a single patch and bring it up into the editor, then save it back to the Virus? This seems like basic editor functionality, no?

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 197

hi,

You can click on a single patch to the MULTI mode (to one of the 16 midi channels)

in order to save just ONE patch you need to do the following as i mentioned earlier and as i the photo show the menu

If you want to transfer a bank, go to the browser of the editor and choose a bank and then press Bank edit and store patch data like on the picture i uploaded. and choose current slot to bank

Thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.