Setup with Ableton Live 10

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello,

I have a Nova II X and Supernova II XL and I’m trying to configure the plugin using Ableton Live 10. I’m on Windows 7 and currently using the DEMO version of the plugin.

I’ve made all the necessary setting on the Nova that are listed:

Synthesizer settings:

Fire up your Novation Nova II / Supernova II.

• Enter Performance mode and set MIDI channels to Part 1 = 1, Part 2 = 2 etc.
    • Enter Global settings and make sure Global MIDI channel is set to 16.
    • Memory protect = Off.
    • SysEx reception = Normal.
    • MIDI Clock = Auto.
    • Incoming control change = On.
    • Program change tx = On.
    • Control change tx = On.

When I come to the DAW settings I feel like I must be missing something here:

DAW settings:

• Fire up your DAW and head to settings. — (is this the Options>Preferences>Link/MIDI tab)?
    • Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled (Am I turning off the MIDI track input and output?) or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
    • Load our SN2X Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Nova II / Supernova II is connected. Only MIDI in and out, MIDI thru is not supported.
    • Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Nova II / Supernova II

Does the track with the plugin on it have to be record armed?

Does the track with SN2X need to have a MIDI input selected or only in the plugin?

I love the look of these plugins and I can see the potential here, clearly I’m just missing something fundamental. I also have a MicroQ I’d love to get running with these.

Thanks,

Neil Guise

• Author
    Replies
    Neil Guise
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Disregard this post.

Turns out I missed the entire MIDI-OX/LoopBe portion.

Works great!

Thanks

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

Ok great! We hope the version 1.0.0 works out even better now that its out 🙂 I will put some tutorial videos online soon!

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 178

problem solved in other words.

Fantastic!

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

The topic ‘Setup with Ableton Live 10’ is resolved and closed to new replies.