- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by .
I have a Nova II X and Supernova II XL and I’m trying to configure the plugin using Ableton Live 10. I’m on Windows 7 and currently using the DEMO version of the plugin.
I’ve made all the necessary setting on the Nova that are listed:
Fire up your Novation Nova II / Supernova II.
- Enter Performance mode and set MIDI channels to Part 1 = 1, Part 2 = 2 etc.
- Enter Global settings and make sure Global MIDI channel is set to 16.
- Memory protect = Off.
- SysEx reception = Normal.
- MIDI Clock = Auto.
- Incoming control change = On.
- Program change tx = On.
- Control change tx = On.
When I come to the DAW settings I feel like I must be missing something here:
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings. — (is this the Options>Preferences>Link/MIDI tab)?
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled (Am I turning off the MIDI track input and output?) or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our SN2X Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Nova II / Supernova II is connected. Only MIDI in and out, MIDI thru is not supported.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Nova II / Supernova II
Does the track with the plugin on it have to be record armed?
Does the track with SN2X need to have a MIDI input selected or only in the plugin?
I love the look of these plugins and I can see the potential here, clearly I’m just missing something fundamental. I also have a MicroQ I’d love to get running with these.
The topic ‘Setup with Ableton Live 10’ is resolved and closed to new replies.