sn2x category filter bug

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Well, I’m posting here since the bug report thread is closed to new topics.

Category Filter is not working. It does sort the patches but when trying to upload a patch from the list, my DAW crashes. It sometimes corrupts the document so it becomes unuseable and have to start from scartch.

Not only that. It sometimes crashes Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 at startup, even though I’m not loading the plugin from there.

Using Digital Performer 9.5 (MAC)

sn2x 1.0.1

Master: Hackintosh i9, 64RAM, nvme drives, OSX 10.13
    Slave 1: Mac Pro 2012, 64RAM, SSD drives, OSX 10.12
    Slave 2: PC Sandy Bridge, 56RAM, SSD drives, Windows 7
    MOTU 828es + MOTU 828mkII audio interfaces.
    Emagic amt8 MIDI interface.
    Digital Performer 9-10, VEP6

• Author
    Replies
      Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

hello oscar,

im not very familiar with MAC and these programs so iยดll foward this issue to jani ASAP .

Either me or him will get back to you as soon as we can!

will let you know,

regards

novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

• Jani
      Keymaster
      Registered On: August 21, 2014
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 212

Hmm, yeah I’m curious to know if this is still an issue. I’m preparing a new version to release anytime soon, so would be ideal to fix this on the same run.

I am able to sort patches per category and i haven’t seen my banks going mad – but if this is the case, I would like to learn more.

Also, bug reporting thread should be open ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m aware that the SN2X is using significant amount of ram to run and that is an issue i’m working on at the moment.

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

DevonB
      Participant
      Registered On: November 22, 2018
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 23

I’m on Win10 64 bit, Cubase 10.0.50 and I’m also having problems with the Category feature just as described above. It will sort the presets just fine, but once you attempt to select a preset, the GUI for just the plugin locks up, and no more MIDI data is sent. MOTU MIDI Express XT. The sort feature works perfectly fine on the Q plugin. The red Abort button does come up, but I can’t press it or anything on the interface once I attempt to double click a preset to send to the synth.

Devon

Devon

• Jani
      Keymaster
      Registered On: August 21, 2014
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 212

Hey,

Can you check the new version I just published if it’s still crashing? I have to check it further more if it doesn’t work ๐Ÿ˜›

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Novaline

Hi guys,

please check if the issue still remains in the new version that was released recently

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

DevonB
      Participant
      Registered On: November 22, 2018
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 23

Still broken in Cubase. Same behavior. v1.1.2

Devon

Novaline

noted to admin.

Novaline

Hello,

was this issue fixed on the new update?

let me know

• inteyes
      inteyes
      Participant
      Registered On: July 5, 2017
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 4

Hey guys, it seems like I have a similar thing. When I try to send patch which is filtered by type, the plugin just hangs. Using SN2X Editor 1.1.4, Win 10 / FL Studio 20 / M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

Audiointerface: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
      DAW: FL Studio 20
      Gear: Novation Supernova II, Novation X-Station, Access Virus TI Snow

Novaline

What midi interface are you using?

• inteyes
      inteyes
      Participant

I use the midi interface built into the sound card (M-Audio Fast Track Pro). Overall there are no problems with communication with the synthesizer, such behavior is see only when using the “Category Filter” feature.

Novaline

Hmmm ok so only that. And you have the latest version of the plugin that is available? If you are unsure, please check your control panel on windows and check with the download list on your account that both versions matches before I report this issue.

Also, please double check your hardware settings are correct just in case including DAW.

Thanks
      Mauricio

• inteyes
      inteyes
      Participant

Yes, sure.

What i’ve done:
      Installed a Reaper DAW (just to make sure that it’s not FL Studio related issue), downloaded and re-installed the latest version of the SN2X Editor from my profile page (SN2X v.1.1.4 from 07 Feb).

Making this test again caused the same thing – plugin’s GUI hung.

I managed to capture short video clip about how it happens, so it’s available on the link – youtube. Maybe it will be helpful.

Novaline

Hi again

right i have seen the proof and will report..

just one thing i want you to try quick i send in the report for bug fix.

Could you please try out the different REQ intervall options and see if the same thing happens.

please also sync data with hw and the try these options i know everything.

i would apreciate it so i can make a full report ๐Ÿ™‚ wish i had the SN2 myself so i could try out.

P.S
      new updated user guides avaible

https://help.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/topic/new-user-guides/

thanks
      Mauricio

• inteyes
      inteyes
      Participant

Hi, Mauricio!

I did a couple more tests, and that’s what I got:

– Freeze happens for every REQ Interval I set – I tried all of them from the list.
      – Pushing data (current performance) to HW is passing normally, but sending “filtered” patch after that still freezes plugin’s GUI. Changing REQ gave no difference here too.

If there will be need any more tests then I ready to go.

Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Novaline

Hello mate,

Nah that’s more than enough for me to report!

Thanks alot ๐Ÿ™‚ very appreciated!

• The forum ‘Novation SN2X AudioUnit / VST Editor & Librarian’ is closed to new topics and replies.