SNX EDITOR does not work for me!

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

I am very happy that someone has thought of our supernova by producing this plug-in. Unfortunately I can not make it work. Would anyone be kind enough to explain? The software and the harware communicate but I can not transfer the sounds in the library of the computer, and I can not therefore save my performances. I basically do not need anything like that. I hope some good soul helps me :).
    Greetings and happy new year!

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 217

hello federico,

let us try from the very start.

have you installed following programs before we proceed?

1. Loopmidi

2. Midi-Ox

if not please follow my photos and later we proceed to the next step.

when using Loopmidi

– create a virtual channel for your supernova (supernova in & supernova out)

-go to midi-ox and start the confiq. to make everything work properly.

just follow my example on how it needs to be done and come back when you´re done with these steps.

let me know.

regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Hey hi, maybe it was my fault not to have declared to use the plu-in in logic! Going to download midiloop, I agreed that it is not for mac and here I understand!
    Then? Now how do we do it? 🙂
    Thanks anyway for your answer!

Novaline

okey so if loopmidi is not needed in mac. Have you done the connections with midi-ox?

and another important fact, have you gone through your settings on your supernova hardware?

if you have not gone through them, then it will not work with the editor.

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/topic/configure-nova-supernova-for-our-plug-in/

there is a new update of the SNX editor so i suggest you to download it as well!

when you have done:

1. midi-ox settings

2.installed the latest update of the editor

try to launch the editor and make sure the midis are correct connected. and dont forget to go to browser on the editor and press Sync Data from hardware.

let me know if you have managed to solve the problem.

regards

novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Then, the midi is connected and the supernova is hooked to the plugin. I had already set as you indicated me, from the same page.
    I can transfer a program from the list below.
    I can neither copy a program in the list above nor to import it from the supernova. He says he does it and then it does not happen.
    I’m using the plugin in single bank mode, okay?
    I downloaded the latest version 1.0.6 AU 64

Thank you so much for everything!
    Greetings

Novaline

Hi again, the plugin can operate either single programs or performance programs from the GUI. Supernova hardware needs to be in Multimode in order to retrieve the data.

Can you make a video which functions work and which don’t? Also, if you request data to librarian, you have to either Discard or save your changes before proceeding. Copy and paste works in librarian from lower list to upper list. Also, drag and drop works the same.

Greetings

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Your intervention is timely 🙂 thx
    The video can not do it anymore because I have to leave. But I have an account of what happens when I try to import a patch from the Supernova. It is not always impossible to import, sometimes it seems that the plugin is blocked and so I have to restart logic to open it.
    I have these 2 images, I hope they are useful.
    See you soon
    greeting

Novaline

hi mate,

could perhaps provide/upload these photos if no video can be recorded? i cant see them here.

Thanks

Novaline

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

You’re right, but the browser did not make me enter media.
    At the moment I have only this, since I am not at my studio.

Novaline

hello again, i can still not see any files.

Could you provide them through dropbox maybe?

if not, please send me directly to novalinemusic@live.se and i´ll send them over to admin so he can have a look.

would be great if you could provide video material. if not, provide me the photos and the log of the plugin.

waiting for your answer

regards

novaline

Novaline

Hello federico and thank you for the email.

now here is our response from MIM :

ok so, one thing to add into investigations and possible solutions.

if you  have issues with requesting data on ANY platform, i would ask you to MUTE or DISABLE midi input ports which are being used with the plug-in. For example, in logic, user has to go in environment, clicks & ports, delete cable connection from physical inputs -> keyboard and draw a new cable from the controller to keyboard.

It sounds like you are using Logic, which is now feeding the plug-in with DAW sysex data and also sysex data from hardware port -> plugin looses it’s mind
    I could prevent the sysex flow of happening via DAW ports which would make things easier. So basically, when master keyboard switch is OFF, sysex is not passed via the DAW ports.
    actually, sysex flow can be blocked from advanced midi settings page at the moment.

Let me know how things went.

Thanks
    Team MIM

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Hi, I understand the concept that you have explained. I try to make changes, doing various tests.
    If you had an ideal configuration to show me, I would be happy.
    See you soon

Novaline

Hello again,

the way i got this work is:

-Going through Online user manual . This VERY important! the settings on your hardware synth NEEDS to be configured so you can make the editor to work to 100%.

-Midi in to Midi out on midi interface. (midi thru is not working and design for the plugin)

-Created virtual channels on LOOPmidi (windows advance midi settings) not needed in MAC.
    -Done the connections with MIDI-OX like in the photo i provided before.

-Disabled all midi ports on midi settings

-loaded the plugin in the DAW and picked the ports for midi in and out (psychal device and not virtual ones)
    -Sync data to hardware and it works like a charm.

All data in being and no strange bugs or letters on the Patch browser.

I think the best way to help you is doing a live call.

If so , i will be avaible for that Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings only from 17:00 Swedish time.

Let me know what you think,

regards

Novaline

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Hi, here I am ..
    So, I checked the setup of my Mac again and it seems to me, that it’s all as you tell me.
    I also tried to use another midi in / out port of another midi interface, but the problem remains with me.
    Hoping to pass the images, we note that, in the first case, I tried to do “request from temp hardware” with the right button, pecking a nice connection time out!
    In the second image, I did the same thing from the menu (edit bank) “request HW performance data” – “from HW temp buffer to plug-in GUI”, and the display remains on hold and nothing ever happens.
    In the third image, the setup of my logic, where the Supernova stops in the monitor, (Midi Express) without going to interfere with the sequencer.
    I add that doing the normal Bulk Dump midi, everything is working.
    As for the phone call, I would not want anything else and I’m very happy, but I know very little English and I write with the translator 🙂
    I hope I can solve sooner or later …
    Greetings, I wait for you

Novaline

Hi again,

I think I know your problem.

Does your supernova have the latest OS? The editor works Only with the 4.1 OS for the supernova

Jani at mystery islands is using logic pro 10.4.4 here on his end with snx and it works out perfectly with motu microlite & emagic amt8.

If you don’t have the last OS for the supernova, then you must install it. It’s very easy. Files can be found on the novation website.

If you have a older OS (operative system) than 4.1. Then this must be fixed.

Let me know.

Regards

Novaline

Federico Marcacci
    Participant

Ok, I checked the operating system of my Supernova, which is the OS 4.1 for years. But I wanted to do a test and have the “snvos41.mid” file read again to the machine.
    So I do not know if anything has improved. I’m sure, however, that when I can pull a patch into the plugin, it is not saved correctly, because when I go to send it back into the synth, the command takes place, but the programs are not as I saved them in the performance.
    In the screenshots I sent, there is also a graphical error, where the writing of the performance is doubled and the patches numbers from 000 to 127, followed by “%! P”. This occurs when I go to save the desk on my mac !! And you understand that it can not depend on my Supernova, that if I knew, that the problem comes from itself, I would find another to replace it!
    I believe that apart from everything, you would need a manual dedicated to the SNX editor and certainly an update.
    You could start a conversation via private email, I’d like that 🙂

Thanks for your attention

I greet everyone, I wait for you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.