Some questions on midi in and librarian

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: November 22, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

Hello,

I tried to set up the MS-2000 editor in Reaper x64 on windows7. It took a few attemps to get it registered but it works now.

Because I disabled the midi ports in Reaper, I cannot make a track and load the MS-2000 midi out as an input on my track.

Is it correct that I need to install 2 other programs to get this working? Midi-ox and a virtual midi cable? And that both of them need to run all the time while producing? I tried this out and it seems to give some latency at my end.

I have a midi merger with 4 midi ins and 2 midi outs. Is it an option to connect the midi out of the synth to the midi in of the merger and connect 1 midi out of the merger to port IN1 from a midi interface and the second merger output to port IN2 of the interface . So I can skip those programs?

Couldn’t find a manual either. I can’t get my head around the librarian. I just don’t get how it works. Why there are 2 different windows and stuff. Is there an explanation somewhere? I have a lot of MS-2000 presets, digitally stored on PC. Would like to load those in the plugin, play them and make my own bank and send that to the synth. Can someone help me there?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

• Author
    Replies
      nr1killabee@gmail.com
      Participant
      Registered On: November 22, 2018
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 28

This had to be in the MS2KxR part of the forum, I’m sorry…

Novaline
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 452

Hi Jan,

yepp wrong thread but let me help anyways!

yes it is correct that you need to install both Loopmidi and MIDI-ox.

1. install loopmidi and create your virtual channels (´´your synth IN´´ & ´´your synth´´ OUT)

2. install midi-ox and make the connections there. JPG files will be uploaded as a demonstration.

3. after this. go to your DAW and set up your midi port on your hardware on the OUTPUT section. nothing on the INPUT, only OUTPUT.

4. upload the editor and setup your midi ports (for example midi in 1 & midi out 2) and not the virtual ones

5. sync data to hardware and fire away!

i hope this helps.

if any more questions, just ask.

regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

The topic ‘Some questions on midi in and librarian’ is resolved and closed to new replies.