Total Recall in Cubase

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: June 30, 2017
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Total Recall doesn’t seem to work correctly in Cubase 9.5

When a song is recalled, the patch isnt always correct. It’s only correct if it was the last patch used

Cubase 9.5/Win 10

Cubase 9.5, Win10 Pro, i7 3.4Ghz 4770 Haswell,16GB ,Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black ,Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 , M-Audio Delta66 W/OmniStudio, Nektar P4, Korg MS-20, Korg DW-8000, MicroKorg, Jasper (Wasp Clone), Crowminius (MiniMoog Clone), Mutable Instruments Ambika, Moog Subphatty, Aurturia Beatstep Pro

• Author
    Replies

• Jani
      Keymaster
      Registered On: August 21, 2014
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 212

What does it mean if you say “It’s only correct if it was the last patch used” ?

I am going to take a look into this during this week, so would be great to have more insight what really happens 🙂

– J

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

justpeak
      Participant
      Registered On: June 30, 2017
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 1

Sorry, what I meant was Total Recall does not initialize the correct patch that was last saved in the song. Whatever patch that was last used on the MicroKorg is the one that will still be there when the Cubase song is opened.

Create a new song in Cubase

Bring up a patch on the MicroKorg Editor

Save the song

Get out of Cubase

Change patches on the MicroKorg

Reopen Cubase

Reopen the saved song

The correct patch will not be recalled

Hope this helps

Thanks

Cubase 9.5, Win10 Pro, i7 3.4Ghz 4770 Haswell,16GB ,Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black ,Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 , M-Audio Delta66 W/OmniStudio, Nektar P4, Korg MS-20, Korg DW-8000, MicroKorg, Jasper (Wasp Clone), Crowminius (MiniMoog Clone), Mutable Instruments Ambika, Moog Subphatty, Aurturia Beatstep Pro

• Jani
      Keymaster

Thanks for the info, I’ll get right into it!

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

• Jani
      Keymaster

Ok, I made 6 different projects with version 1.3.1 which will be out in few ticks and it worked just fine with it on my end (except I’m using mac with Cubase 9.5).

Can you please let me know if the issue has been resolved on your end as well after applying the update? If not, can you share the project file with me? Just create a new project and record the original sound you applied with microkxr as a audio track and then how it sounds after recalling the project so i can do comparison ? maybe a screenshot of the plug-in GUI as well?

But like I said, I was not able to reproduce this anymore so I hope you can not either 🙂

• Jani
      Keymaster

@justpeak can you check if the issue is resolved on your system with the latest version (1.3.2)? It was working fine on my end.

If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!

The topic ‘Total Recall in Cubase’ is resolved and closed to new replies.