unable to send bank to hardware

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: August 29, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

My problem is I cannot send or receive banks from the hardware, if I double click on a single patch that information gets sent and the sound is played, but clicking send to hw flashes processing twice but the banks are not on the jp-8000, clicking sync from hardware has the same result.  I have followed all instructions from text and video but I just can’t get this to work on 2 jp-8000’s, I have used midi-ox to transfer syx files and as I can send individual patches from the editor I know the midi path is working, any help would be grateful, I have yet to try the supernova editor that will be next week I think.

win 10 pro 64bit
    Ableton live 10.1
    no audio interface yet
    motu micro lite

Thanks
    Danielle

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 197

Hi Danielle,

Mystery islands is working on a new update to improve the ´´push data´´ function button.

there is one other way you can send your patches to your JP.

note:
    remember that each JP needs to have its own DEVICE ID number

follow these steps to send data to your hardware
    -Go to the JP PLUGIN and connect your JP
    -Go to the Browser section and press on the little button on the left corner that says BANK EDIT
    -Go to STORE PATCH/STORE PERFORMANCE DATA and choose the options between selected patches or the full bank
    -Remember that if you are storing separated patches that you need to select that patch first

hope this helps!

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

auntystatic
    Participant
    Registered On: August 29, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Mauricio,

Thanks for the reply, that method has worked for me, the patch bank uploaded completely, but I did find after doing it the patch name in the green display window on the editor froze and would not change with incrementing the patch, I fixed it by pressing the push data to hw button, I only needed to do that once but thought it worth a mention in case its a bug you haven’t seen before.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Danielle

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 197

Hi danielle,

Glad to hear it helped!
    Usually its supposed to say on the editors green screen that data is being transfered but yes it is a bug that is going to be fixed for sure and admin knows this.

for future reference until new update is out:
    when doing the same procedure, not that the editor will ´´freeze´´ but just let it work and send all patches. knowing this is by looking on your midi interface that is showing that its sending data.

Have fun with the plugin and the synth!

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

The topic ‘unable to send bank to hardware’ is resolved and closed to new replies.