usb to midi ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: February 25, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Windows10 – Ableton Live 9 – Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 – Akai Midi Patch Bay – Pulse Mk1

Hello, my old PC crashed and died, so I had to rebuild a new set up with a new PC (laptop), that’s almost done but still can’t communicate between PulseX vst and my Waldorf Pulse. I’m getting mad boxing/unboxing midi panel in Live…

I’m considering using a usb to midi wire to communicate directly between the PC and W Pulse to load my sounds banks and working my sounds using PulseX . Then disconnect it and reconnect WPulse to my usual setup.

What do you think about it ?

Thanks

• Author
    Replies
    Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 249

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your computer!

I need to know that your settings for your MIDI-OX, LOOPMIDI, DAW and HARDWARE are setup correctly before we continue.
    Please watch the videos below or look into the User guide documents on the forum.

Advanced routing of loopMIDI and MIDI OX with Windows

Access VirusHC in Ableton Live 10 (PC) (this example is for the virus but the concept goes for ALL SYNTHS for MIM plugins)

As for Midi interface, i have never encountered this one you mentioned but if its able to read sysex data, it shouldnt be a problem as long you set midi in and out from synth to midi interface.

USB to Midi is not very recomended since it probably wont be able to read sysex data properly or at all.
    It is recomended as it is stated on the FAQ that a midi interface under 50 euros is not recomended.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the plug-in requirements?
    * MIDI interface. A good one which supports SysEx messages. Don’t buy anything which is less than 50€.
    * Direct MIDI in / out connection between your synth and the MIDI interface. No MIDI Thru connections or MIDI in only / MIDI out only connections.

HARDWARE SETTINGS:
    now this is VERY important.

Please make sure the hardware settings are done correctly for the plugin.

PulseX – Preparing Pulse/Pulse+ for our Plug-in

This is what is needed to be done in order to use the plugin with the hardware to 100%

i think this the best way for you to do, especially if you are (as i am guessing now) going disconnect the synth for your LIVE ON STAGE use.

let me know more when you have gone through all info i have provided.

Thanks and happy new year!
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, FERROFISH PULSE 16 MX, EVE AUDIO SC 207, EVE AUDIO TS108, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, WALDORF MICRO Q, ROLAND SH201, MS2000, NORD RACK 1

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.