VST plugin not recognised

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Registered On: August 31, 2016
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi! I’m having troubles getting the JP-80×0 plugin recognised by my host.

I’m on Windows 10 64 bits. I’ve tried on Ableton 9 and VSTHost. Rescanning multiple times for pluggins, even on a folder with just this dll. I’ve tried the 64 bits and the 32 bits versions and launching the host with admin rights, and all the combinations. Not even JBridge is able to recognise the dll file as a VST plugin. I’ve re-downloaded the file and still can’t get it recognised.

I should also say I’m downloading v2.3.0 from https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/. Is this a known bug? Is there a newer version?

What could I be doing wrong? Where else can I look?

Thanks!

• Author
    Replies
    Cesar Hernando
    Participant

Hi. I tried on Cakewalk and Bitwig. They can’t recognise the plugin either.

On Cakewalk, I can see this on the logs:

Opened Log File —————————–
    Command line: /VSTRegPerUser/VSTRegKey:”SoftwareCakewalk Music SoftwareCakewalkCakewalk VST X64″/Background/NoRescanning/SONARHWND:526308/ScanVst:”c:program filesvstpluginsJP-80×0 Editor x64.dll”/ToastGuid:{8B7B8285-6FCE-434C-BED6-F6D8F28FE457}
    Flag: VSTRegPerUser
    Flag: VSTRegKey:”SoftwareCakewalk Music SoftwareCakewalkCakewalk VST X64″
    Flag: Background
    Flag: NoRescanning
    Flag: SONARHWND:526308
    Flag: ScanVst:”c:program filesvstpluginsJP-80×0 Editor x64.dll”
    VST to scan – c:program filesvstpluginsJP-80×0 Editor x64.dll
    Flag: ToastGuid:{8B7B8285-6FCE-434C-BED6-F6D8F28FE457}
    VSTSCAN: ******* Analyzing VST plugins…
    VSTSCAN: —- 1: c:program filesvstpluginsJP-80×0 Editor x64.dll —-
    VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:PROGRA~1VSTPLU~1JP-80X~1.DLL
    VSTSCAN: [RegKey] SoftwareCakewalk Music SoftwareCakewalkCakewalk VST X64Inventoryc:/program files/vstplugins/JP-80×0 Editor x64.dll
    VSTSCAN: —- Loading VST plugin c:program filesvstpluginsJP-80×0 Editor x64.dll —-
    VSTSCAN: DLL loaded successfully…
    VSTSCAN: Successfully got entry point. DLL is a VST plugin…
    VSTSCAN: Calling entry point…
    VSTSCAN: Exception in function [Load VST Plugin], failure point[Load VST Plugin]
    VSTSCAN: VST plugin successfully scanned
    VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA…
    VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA – successfully wrote complete VST plugin inventory record…
    VSTSCAN: Finished analyzing VST plugins – 0 of 1 VST plugins were scanned in this run
    Closing log file
    Monday, 12 Nov 2018, 12:54:44
    ————————————————————————-

And on the application it says “The failure point was reported as: Main Call”

On Bitwig, the “Plugins With Errors” screen says this:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
    64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1073741819

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1

Any idea what’s happening?

Thanks!

Cesar Hernando
    Participant

Hello? Anybody here?

Novaline
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 217

hey guys,

im jani´s new support guy and will do my best to help everyone since he has a mountain of emails to respond. so lets begin.

it is important that any Vst is being installed on the correct folder as it should be located.

in this case to make your DAW recognise the plugin editor it needs to be installed like this:

C:Program FilesSteinbergVSTPluginsMystery Islands Music

have you installed it as it is automated corrected or on some other folder? if any other folder.

-un-install and re-install again like i described.

-Re-scan Vst on your DAW and fire it up.

also, have you guys installed loopmidi and midi-ox before you start using? if not i suggest you to do it .

let me know

regards

novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Novaline

hello,

do you still have any issues?

thanks
    Mauricio

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

Cesar Hernando
    Participant

Hey the problem was with some sound packs. They seemed to be corrupt or something and when the plugin launches, it scans for the folder for available packs, when it got to the bad ones, it would just crash. It’s still a bug on the app. It should handle gracefully when it can’t load a sound pack, not crash the entire plugin.

Novaline

Hi again,

that sounds wierd.

have you tried to re-download your soundsets?

and if that did not help,

have you tried to re-install the plugin?

another question. Where did you put these soundpack files?

in case you want me to try them on my jp8080 and 8000

please send me a message to
    mauricio@mysteryislands-music.com

Thanks
    Mauricio

Cesar Hernando
    Participant

Hi Mauricio, that was a long time ago so I don’t remember many of the details.
    What I do remember is that I think the plugging on my original installation was creating copies of the soundsets for some reason, I think it needs to do some conversion or maybe “fixing” corrupted soundsets.
    When I copied over those soundsets to my new installation, it was either the clones or the original that where crashing the plugging.
    I remember looking at the plugging logs and it was logging which soundset was loading while it crashed, so I just successively removed soundsets until the plugin started correctly. Because of the reason I mentioned earlier, I had two copies of the soundsets, so I didn’t loose any of them.

Another thing I remember is that it was actually the soundsets that I purchased here that were causing me trouble (can’t remember if it was all or some of them)

That’s how I fixed the problem, but if it helps you debug the plugin, I’ll try to find one of the soundsets that was causing the issue and send it over (I didn’t delete them completely :S).

Novaline

Hello again,

that sounds strange. Will foward this and see what this is all about. The JP editor will be updated soon enough anyway!

regarding converting files. On the folder converted it says following on the .txt file

Roland JP-80×0 AudioUnit & VST Converted Banks intro:

1 – Once the plug-in loads, it will automatically scan your patches folder and check the patch banks to verify the data. If the data has something off, like missing a byte, plug-in will attempt to fix the bank.

2 – If bank gets fixed by the plug-in, original bank file will be moved in this folder.

3 – Do not move any of the banks back to the Patches folder as they are already being scanned and transformed to suit the JP-80×0 plug-in standard followed by the JP-8000 / JP-8080 standards.

okey, what soundset was it that you bought from mystery islands?

for further examination, it would be useful if you did send me a email with the file/files to try it out to send the information further to ADMIN so i can report this. (no i have no interesst of stealing of using others soundsets, i have enough please i design sounds myself so no worries)

´´That’s how I fixed the problem, but if it helps you debug the plugin, I’ll try to find one of the soundsets that was causing the issue and send it over (I didn’t delete them completely :S). ´´
    I will be able to debug and figure out the issue once i can test or know what soundsets we are talking about.

let me know
    Thanks
    Mauricio

Jani
    Keymaster
    Registered On: August 21, 2014
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 184

This is in fact due to the framework flaw we have in jp-80×0 – it will be fixed soon!

Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!

Access Virus C & Virus TI2, 2x Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & 2x KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse+, Pulse 2 & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 3x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1

Maurizio
    Participant
    Registered On: February 12, 2017
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi

Sorry but I am having the same issue, but I did get my plugin back online

It seems if you delete ANY extra patches or banks the plugin will work again.

So …./documents/mystery island/Jp80x0/patches delete it
    if you want re install the plugin to get the “factory” presets back.

I am stuck here… Even my purchased banks via mystery islands are not work.

Im on windows 10 64bit, ableton 10.0.6, but it fails in bot reaper and Maschine standalone.

Lets hope this gets fixed soon.

Novaline

Hi,

I have a few banks myself so try this.

OPTION 1:
    Put your files on

C:\Users\YOUR NAME(ADMIN)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music , in my case C:\Users\Mauricio\Documents\Mystery Islands Music

OPTION 2:

C:\Users\Mauricio\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Roland JP-80×0 Editor\Patches

OPTION 3:

C:\Users\Mauricio\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Roland JP-80×0 Editor\Converted Banks

let me know if it works! Should work since it does for me.

Thanks
    Mauricio

Cesar Hernando
    Participant

Hi Maurizio, a suggestion from me: In the application folder, there’s a log file. Try to load the plugin and check this log file. It will tell you which bank it was loading when it crashed. Just remove that file and try again, and so on until you have finally removed all the “corrupted” banks.

Novaline

Hi maurizio,

have you tried the following options you got from me and cesar?

let me know
    thanks
    Mauricio

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.