for Waldorf Pulse2X Editor & Librarian plug-in by Mystery Islands Music
v1.0.1 – 2020-03-30
NOTE TO READER: Download the PDF provided HERE. This documentary will go through a lot changes in the upcoming days.
First of all, thank you for your interest towards our Editor & Librarian plug-in.
Our Waldorf Pulse2X was built to control your Waldorf Pulse 2 over MIDI. Most of the modern synths come up with an integration tools to hook your synth into DAW and we wanted to give this same oportunity to you as well. Plug in MIDI in & out, Audio jack cables to mixer / soundcard and fire up your DAW to get started!
In this little handbook you will find the instructions to get your plug-in installed and how to use it, so please read this manual through carefully. You can use our Editor / Librarian software to control and manage your beloved hardware synth, the Waldorf Pulse 2!
Our company & plug-in has nothing to do with Waldorf Corporation company, so please don’t bug them if you encounter issues with the plug-in – open a support ticket in your account page in such case:
Support and plug-in updates are free for life to anyone who has bought the license from our store
What this plug-in CAN do?
Note to reader: This plug-in does not generate sound – We only handle MIDI & SysEx messages!
- Control your Waldorf Pulse 2 hardware synthesizer from your DAW over MIDI.
- Organize and manage your patch library.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you prefer.
- Save as in MIDI or SysEx format and instantly browse via the librarian.
- Download and put all of the Waldorf Pulse2X soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plug-in.
- Import MIDI, SysEx or Pulse 1 files to the librarian.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats.
- Copy & Paste, Initialize or Rename slots in librarian window.
- Store banks to Pulse 2 from the librarian.
- Store single patches to Pulse 2 from the librarian.
- Request banks from Pulse 2 to the librarian.
- Request single patches from Pulse 2 to the librarian.
- Select next or previous librarian patch with hardware control.
- Rename patches directly in the librarian.
- Control your Pulse 2 from one plug-in.
- Lock certain sections from the plug-in UI to keep your settings while changing presets.
- Automate almost every parameter from your DAW.
- Parameters that are available for automation are shown in your DAW when automation mode is toggled on – Only CC assigned parameters are available to keep the MIDI data flow reasonable. SysEx parameters would cause peaks in CPU processing, that’s why they are not visible.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Total Recall of the sounds used up on project reload.
- All of the current parameters from the plug-in will be sent to the hardware’s temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Control almost every parameter that is available in your Pulse 2.
- We added a bit more than 200 parameters to the plug-in so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Plug-in reacts to hardware MIDI CC knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plug-in display.
What this plug-in can NOT do?
- Transmit any audio.
- Generate any audio.
- Mac or PC based computer with AudioUnit or VST host application (see list below).
- MIDI device with direct MIDI IN / OUT connection to your synth. Do not use MIDI Thru connections!
- Waldorf Pulse 2 Synthesizer.
Currently supported plug-in formats
- AudioUnit for MAC OS X 10.6 or greater.
- VST for MAC OS X 10.6 or greater.
- VST for Windows XP or greater.
All our plug-ins are available in 32- and 64-bit formats.
Currently supported AudioUnit / VST hosts
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- Image Line Fruity Loops
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studios Reason
- Steinberg Cubase
- AVID ProTools via VST bridge (some users have it working!)
- MOTU Digital Performer (some users have it working!)
Other hosts are reported to work as well, try the demo today and see if it works for you.
There are links, tips and tutorials below, which will guide you to get this plug-in up and running with your desired host.
Downloading the plug-in demo or updater
Anyone can download the demo version of our plug-ins and test them out, but only registered customers are entitled to download the free updater for their purchase. If you have purchased our plug-in through another website and you have issues regarding to your account, contact us via https://www.mysteryislands-music.com and we will reply within few business days.
FULL downloads: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/
Plug-in interface will show your plug-in status in the top left corner:
DEMO version will indicate ** DEMO VERSION **
Unregistered FULL version will indicate RELOAD LICENSE
Registered FULL version will indicate REGISTERED
You can find instructions for plug-in registration further below.
Note #1: Always keep back-up of the downloaded installer at your own HDD. We are not storing old installers in our servers! This is important if something goes wrong with the update, you have an installer in your personal storage to rescue your project if it really screws something up!
Important note prior to install:
Please make sure you make a proper backup of your Pulse 2 before you run the installer. We will not take any responsibility for your synth and you have to agree to this when buying our product.
You can backup your Pulse 2 easily with these simple steps:
- Open your DAW and insert empty MIDI track
- Make sure MIDI messages are allowed to come through from Pulse 2
- Hit record from your DAW
- From Pulse 2:
- (shift) + Utility -> Dump All Sounds -> (shift) + Utility again
- Wait until all of the data has been received
You can read more about the SysEx dump from the Waldorf Pulse 2 user manual.
Data / Documents / Soundset locations
If you have overwritten any of the included plug-in sound banks with a previous version of the plug-in, it is worth renaming those sound banks in order to prevent data overwrite once plug-in updater is executed.
Plug-in data / documents folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf Pulse2X Editor/ [Windows] \Users\(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Waldorf Pulse2X Editor
Plug-in Sound Bank folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf Pulse2X Editor/Patches/ [Windows] \Users\(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Waldorf Pulse2X Editor\Patches
- Not possible to register.
- Not possible to automate in DAW.
- Not possible to save settings with your project.
- Not possible to use all features of the librarian.
- Total Recall does not work when re-opening project.
Download the demo and run the installer. After you have installed the plug-in, open your DAW and let your host do the plug-in scan – If the scan fails, try again. If it simply won’t pass, send us the crash report.
Copy the error log message and head down to our forums. Open a new thread after searching if the case has been opened / resolved already by someone else. Attach the error log and our plug-in log in your new thread.
You can also find some resolutions from the Troubleshooting section too.
Chapter 1 Setup – We will guide you through the setup steps for hardware and software.
Chapter 2 Main Functions – We will explain how all of the custom functions work, which we have added in.
Chapter 3 Librarian Functions – We will explain how main buttons and menus work in Librarian.
Chapter 4 Librarian Edit Menus – We will explain how the Librarian Bank Edit menu works.
Chapter 5 Troubleshooting & Final Words (of wisdom?) – Closure.
Setting MIDI Devices – Instructions to setup your DAW MIDI interface to work with the plug-in!
If you found our guides helpful, please consider becoming a Patron on our Patreon page. This will help us to deliver more for you!